“Michael K. Williams’ cause of death being drug overdose not confirmed” – Nephew

Following the sudden demise of The Wire actor, Williams Michael at 54, and the subsequent speculations that he overdosed on the drug, Fentanyl, (read it here), the late actor’s nephew, Dominic DuPont has said that it is not confirmed that drug overdose was the cause of his death until autopsy results confirm that.

“I’m not going to speak about what the police are alleging. Police have often had different views about things. Last I checked, there was not an autopsy done. And that will happen.” he said.

Michael K Williams, was found dead in his Brooklyn home on Police who arrived at the scene were said to have recovered drug paraphernalia.

An autopsy to determine the sudden demise of the actor is yet to be conducted, however an alleged drug overdose is being investigated. It was previously reported that he might have died from heroin overdose, however, two senior NYPD officials told NBC New York that fentanyl is a possible culprit.

Fentanyl is a powerful synthetic opioid, similar to morphine but is between 50 to 100 times more potent. It can cause death when taken in high doses or when combined with other substances.

Micheal Williams appeared as Albert “Chalky” White in the series Boardwalk Empire from 2010 to 2014.

He received an Emmy nomination earlier this year for the role of Montrose Freeman in the series Lovecraft Country, and had appeared in films including 12 Years a Slave and Inherent Vice.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.